Help us develop the talent needed to grow the games industry and the support ecosystem for game development in south Sweden.
About Game Habitat
Game Habitat is a community-focused non-profit organisation with a grand vision; to enable the best environment for game development. We help create, nurture, and grow a thriving, supportive, and inclusive ecosystem for game development in south Sweden, and we need your help to inspire and develop the next generation of game developers.
As our new Talent development manager you’ll work closely with the Game Habitat team, its partners and stakeholders toward the goal of supporting the industry with new and relevant talent, as well as retaining and developing existing talent. As this is a brand new role for Game Habitat, there is room to adapt and shape the role based on your profile.
Your work will mainly be targeted toward:
- Future talent: Those who are discovering game creation and starting on their game development journey, choosing a career path, studying to become game developers, or applying for their first jobs in the industry.
- The ecosystem: Actors working in the local, regional and national industry and ecosystem, as well as within the educational system, including all levels of education.
Here are the main things you would be working with:
- Collaborate with our members, stakeholders and ecosystem partners to inspire, attract, develop and retain future and existing talent.
- Accelerate the process with our members and partners to diversify the games industry by developing best practices, leadership training and other programs.
- Develop methods and forums to inform and educate future talent about how to become game developers and get into the industry through (for example) online channels, seminars and internship/trainee programs.
- Facilitate talent-related events such as Game Jams, workshops and Meet & Greets together with our partners.
- Support existing game development schools and education programs as well as other related educations, and advise interested actors on starting new game-related courses.
Our ideal candidate…
- …has an understanding of Sweden’s educational system, as well as experience in working with projects, preferably in connection to the games field/industry.
- …has experience working with talent development in some form, e.g. within HR
- …has a good understanding of the wonderful world of games, is passionate about the craft and the industry, and preferably has some knowledge on game development processes, production stages and the tools used.
- …knows how to communicate both on and off stage, and is comfortable using both English and Swedish.
- …has experience within teaching or facilitation, working with kids and youth, and/or mentoring teams and individuals.
You don’t have to be an experienced game developer or have worked in the games industry to qualify for this job. We encourage people of marginalised genders, backgrounds and communities to apply.
Perks and benefits
At Game Habitat you’ll be part of a passionate small team and a diverse and welcoming game community, and will have plenty of opportunities to make an impact and shape the future of our industry.
You’ll also benefit from:
- …having flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely when needed.
- …hanging out with and learning from some of the best and brightest the games industry has to offer.
- …all the great benefits of working in Sweden, six weeks of paid vacation, pension, and parental leave.
- …all the other perks and securities of our collective agreement.
- …having access to our DevHub in central Malmö, the biggest dedicated game development hub in the world.
Last day to apply is May 21st – but please don’t postpone sending your application, as we will be interviewing for this role continuously.