Help us establish Europe’s leading ecosystem for early-stage game companies and indies!
About Game Habitat
Game Habitat is a community-focused non-profit organization with a grand vision; for southern Sweden to be known as the best possible environment for everything and everyone related to game development. We help to create, nurture, and grow a thriving, supportive, and inclusive ecosystem for game development, and we need your help to take it to the next level.
As Game Habitat’s Ecosystem developer you’ll be an important part of our team and will be working closely with our CEO and COO as well as our external partners in order to help us establish Europe’s leading ecosystem for early-stage game companies and indies.
- Connect with teams all over Europe, scouting for the next little/big thing, building relationships, expanding our network, and matchmaking people to form new teams.
- Develop new ways to support early-stage game companies, through acceleration and incubation programs, seed funding, investor networks, strategic partnerships, and more.
- Support and collaborate with existing programs, projects, and ecosystem partners like incubators and universities in order to maximize our collective impact.
- Coach, mentor and provide business development support to game development teams and early-stage game companies in order for them to reach their full potential.
Our ideal candidate…
- …is an experienced project manager and/or has worked in a senior, founder, or production role in a game studio.
- …knows how to communicate both on and off stage, preferably having pitched projects and received funding from VCs, publishers, public partners, crowdfunding or similar.
- …has experience with coaching or mentoring teams and individuals, preferably in a business development capacity.
- …is well versed in the wonderful world of games, knows the lingo, and is passionate about the craft. Preferably has an established games industry network.
Perks and benefits
At Game Habitat you’ll be part of a diverse and welcoming game community, and will have plenty of opportunities to make an impact and shape the future of our industry.
You’ll also benefit from:
- …having flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely when needed.
- …having access to Game Habitat DevHub in Malmö, the biggest game development hub in the Nordics.
- …hanging out with and learning from some of the best and brightest the game industry has to offer
- …attending international events and expos in order to network and scout for talent.
- …all the great benefits of living in Sweden, six weeks of paid vacation, pension, and parental leave.
Please send your application and details to jobs[at]gamehabitat.se, feel free to send us a link to your LinkedIn account as your resumé. The deadline is May 17th.
Here are some things you can read to get an idea of what we’ve been up to in the past couple of years (in Swedish):
2020-04-25: E-sportsarena, speltest och utställningar i nytt spelcenter (Sydsvenskan)
2019-06-01: Malmö vill bli Sveriges centrum på den internationella spelkartan (DN)
2019-03-27: Malmös nya spelhubb har officiellt öppnat (Sydsvenskan)
2019-03-17: Malmö – Europas hetaste spelstad? (SvD)