Help us grow the games industry and develop the support ecosystem for game companies in south Sweden.
About Game Habitat
Game Habitat is a community-focused non-profit organization with a grand vision; for southern Sweden to be Game Habitat is a community-focused non-profit organization with a grand vision; to enable the best environment for game development. We help create, nurture, and grow a thriving, supportive, and inclusive ecosystem for game development in south Sweden, and we need your help to take it to the next level.
As Game Habitat’s Business development manager, your mission is to drive Game Habitat’s work related to business, growth, and ecosystem development in close collaboration with the Game Habitat team and our members, partners, and stakeholders.
Here are the main things you would be working with:
- Collaborate with our existing ecosystem partners, including incubators, accelerators, investment promotion organizations, government agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Attract new business, investments, and establishments to Malmö and south Sweden, building relationships with studios, investors, publishers, and other interested parties.
- Explore new ways to support early-stage game companies through acceleration and incubation programs, seed funding, investor networks, strategic partnerships, and more.
- Support existing members and game companies with business development-related activities, events, and internationalization opportunities.
Our ideal candidate…
- …is an experienced business developer and/or has worked in a senior, founder, or production role in a game studio.
- …is well-versed in the wonderful world of games, knows the lingo, and is passionate about the craft. Preferably has an established games industry network.
- …knows how to communicate both on and off stage, preferably having pitched projects and received funding from VCs, publishers, public partners, crowdfunding or similar.
- …has experience with coaching or mentoring teams and individuals, preferably in a business development capacity.
- …has experience with and/or understanding of Sweden’s national support system for companies and innovation.
- …has experience working with international projects with multiple stakeholders in different countries, e.g. Interreg or similar EU-funded projects.
Perks and benefits
At Game Habitat, you’ll be part of a diverse and welcoming game community and have plenty of opportunities to make an impact and shape the future of our industry.
You’ll also benefit from:
- …having flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely as needed.
- …having access to Game Habitat DevHub in Malmö, the biggest game development hub in the Nordics.
- …hanging out with and learning from some of the best and brightest the game industry has to offer
- …attending international events and expos to build awareness
- …all the great benefits of living in Sweden, five weeks of paid vacation, pension, and parental leave.
- We want someone to join us full-time, but we’re open to discussing it
- The job is based in Malmö but could be done remotely to an extent
- This role requires some international travel (mainly within Europe)
- We’d like you to start in Q1 of 2023 or Q2 at the latest
- We use English as our primary language at work and in the games industry. Still, Swedish is usually preferred and sometimes even required to keep up with projects and activities in the Swedish support system.
How to apply
Here’s what we need from you:
- Fill out this application form, telling us about who you are, your relationship to games and the game industry, and why you’re interested in joining Game Habitat
- Provide a link to your up-to-date LinkedIn profile, or if you prefer, you can attach your resumé as a PDF
- Feel free to include links or attach files of work samples or projects that represent your work.
- Applications will close on January 15th (preliminary), after which we’ll need some time to review and reconnect with all candidates.
Hope to hear from you soon!