Help us tell the story about the best environment for everything and everyone related to game development!
About Game Habitat
Game Habitat is a community-focused non-profit organization with a grand vision; for southern Sweden to be known as the best possible environment for everything and everyone related to game development. We help create, nurture, and grow a thriving, supportive, and inclusive ecosystem for game development, and we need your help to take it to the next level.
We want you to help us tell the world about all the great things that we’re doing, and that are happening in our community, whether through community management, social media, or promotional campaigns. This is a brand new role for us, which means it can and will be adapted to your specific skillset and experience. We’d love it if you’re a generalist, but we understand that one person can’t do everything. Our CEO and COO will be there to support you on a strategic level, and you’ll be working closely with our project managers daily.
Here are the main things you would be working with:
- Develop and implement communication strategies that allow us to tell our story, build brand awareness, and increase our exposure on a global level
- Create marketing material, press releases, press kits, videos, live streams, and newsletters
- Share stories from our community and make game developers everywhere aware of all the good things that are happening in our region
- Manage our community and communication channels (Discord servers, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, and WordPress)
- Coordinate communication efforts and resources between Game Habitat’s members and partners to maximize our impact
Our ideal candidate…
- …has experience from working in a communication, marketing, or community management role, preferably in a game studio or a cluster organization/non-profit
- …is comfortable creating content in both English and Swedish, as well as the occasional visual content for social media, events, and the like
- …has a friendly and inclusive communication style and knows how to communicate in text, voice, video as well as on stage
- …is well versed in the wonderful world of games, knows the lingo, and is passionate about the craft and the community. Preferably has an established games industry network.
Perks and benefits
At Game Habitat, you’ll be part of a diverse and welcoming game community and will have plenty of opportunities to make an impact and shape the future of our industry.
You’ll also benefit from:
- …having flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely as needed.
- …having access to Game Habitat DevHub in Malmö, the biggest game development hub in the Nordics.
- …hanging out with and learning from some of the best and brightest the game industry has to offer
- …attending international events and expos to build awareness
- …all the great benefits of living in Sweden, five weeks of paid vacation, pension, and parental leave.
- We want someone to join us full-time, but we’re open to discussing it
- The job is based in Malmö but could be done remotely to an extent
- We’d like you to start in Q4 of 2021 or early 2022 at the latest
How to apply
Here’s what we need from you:
- Fill out this application form, telling us about who you are, your relationship to games and the game industry, and why you’re interested in joining Game Habitat
- Provide a link to your up-to-date LinkedIn profile, or if you prefer you can attach your resumé as a PDF
- Feel free to include links or attach files of work samples or projects you’ve worked on that you feel is representative of your work
- Applications close on August 15th, after which we’ll need some time to review and reconnect with all candidates
Here are some things you can read to get an idea of what we’ve been up to in the past couple of years (most are in Swedish):
2021-02-20: Malmös spelvärld siktar mot 5 000 anställda om tio år
2020-04-25: E-sportsarena, speltest och utställningar i nytt spelcenter (Sydsvenskan)
2019-06-01: Malmö vill bli Sveriges centrum på den internationella spelkartan (DN)
2019-03-27: Malmös nya spelhubb har officiellt öppnat (Sydsvenskan)
2019-03-17: Malmö – Europas hetaste spelstad? (SvD)
2018-08-18 Promotional film: Southern Sweden Games Industry